Monday, March 23, 2009

Time Flies

Didn't realize it had been almost two weeks since I posted anything on here, but now that spring sports are in full swing (even if the weather is very un-spring sport-like, an aside: the baseball team (my primary responsibility in the spring) played a game on Thursday and the thermometer never got above 38F. Those are great conditions to spend 4.5 hours outside.) my free time is a bit less free and greatly reduced.

The only thing I really have to report is that my spring marathon is now only 5 weeks away. The good news is that my 21.28, and just ask someone else who has run more than 20 miles just how much that 0.28 matters, went great. Yes I had to take a couple of walk breaks, but I'll probably do that in the race itself, but I felt pretty good in the last couple of miles - no drop off in pace - and with 5 weeks left I can still make some much needed gains in fitness. The not so good news is that my schedule is all jacked up from here on to race day with games, etc - I'm keeping my fingers that dry weather prevails over the coming weeks so the schedule will stay what it is and not be completely rearranged - so my training schedule will need to be in pencil, not ink.

Oh, and Saturday is a big day. Adding the color to the latest addition.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Keep up the great work, KP!

solarpowered said...

Glad you're feeling good about the 21.28 (yes, the .28 is important!). I'm in softball season myself now, so here's hoping the weather aligns with what works best for our training! :D

EC said...

s what's up with that thing, anyway? I don't know if I'll get to see and say Hi to T this weekend, having to make a token appearance with kids maybe.

Run like the wind, bullseye!

-erin