Thursday, January 08, 2009

Memo

To:  All of the people who gave me crazy looks on my run today
From:  KP

I know, I know...I was a huge inconvenience to you by running in the street next to the curb in all of the space that is reserved for parked cars.  I know, if somehow you'd lost control of your car while you were a) lighting a cigarette, 2) talking on your cell phone, or III) eating and swerved 15 feet to the right you would have hit me.  Maybe.

I would love to run on the sidewalk, however until all of the goddamn lazy citizens of this fair West Michigan city see fit to clear the 3"+ of snow we got in the last 18 hours off their walks I'm going to take my chances with the cars that are 15 feet to my right and that I can see in order to avoid the ice that is lurking under the snow.

So there.  All I need now is the smiley giving the finger.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I run on the street to avoid the kids on their tricycles and people walking their dogs and the like. I am lucky to like in an area with pretty wide streets.

Stay safe out there.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Sounds like you need to turn this post into a letter to the editor and get some shoveling going in your city!

solarpowered said...

You tell 'em, Kev! Give them hell!
:D