Friday, January 02, 2009

2008 Recap


Time for a little looking back on the year 2008 in running.  I know, I know exciting stuff.

For the year I ran 1344 miles which means I almost ran the equivalent of Grand Rapids to Salt Lake City, UT.  I was  just 10 miles short.

I averaged 25.7 miles per week.

My lightest week was 4 miles (Oct 27-Nov 4).
My highest week was 52 miles (April 28-May 4).

I averaged 112 miles per month.

My lightest month was 42 miles, November.
My highest month was 173 miles, April.

I increased my mileage by 19.7% over 2007 (you can see how my monthly totals look over the last few years in the chart up top) and I still managed to miss my goal of 1500 miles.  October and November killed me.

I ran the following races:
one 5k
one 10k - set a whopping new PR
one 8k
one 4 miler
one half marathon
and two marathons

...all in all a pretty damn good year running-wise.

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

A very good year running-wise!

Two marathons - yeah! You should be very pleased with your 2008 running accomplishments.

solarpowered said...

Woot! What a fantastic year!