Monday, August 25, 2008

Restart

First day of classes so my schedule is back to normal: teach Mon/Thurs/Fri at 10:50, be at work Tues/Wed by 11:30-12:00 pm. Arrive home sometime between 6:30-7 pm.

August hasn't been the best month for my Chicago training, although I have managed to still run 113 miles with this week to go, with being sick and crazy work hours. I did, however, complete my 20 mile long run yesterday!

So, I'm taking the chance to reset, ctl-alt-del if you will, and get back on to solid ground with my running, 'cause I've only got 7 weeks until race day.

Also using today to start over on the 100 Push Up Challenge (the link is over on the right). We made it to week three before things sort of went sideways so we redid the initial exhaustion test on Saturday and started Week 1, Day 1 today. Initial exhaustion test I did 30. I'll keep you informed how I do at the end.

Hopefully now that things are back to normal I'll finally be able to get some of the things posted on here that have been bouncing around my head for the last two weeks.

Have a great Monday folks.

3 comments:

Maria said...

CTL-ALT-DEL from a Mac user??? Unheard of!!! :-)

I'm so glad to hear the 20 miler went well and you're feeling back on track. I'm restarting the push-up challenge too. Good luck with all the back-to-school stuffs.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

It is hard to stick with things when your normal routine is not normal. So now you should be all set. So do 20 milers keep feeling easier the more you do them? How many did you do for Grandmas? How many will you do for Chicago?

EC said...

Mr. pushups---

I too began week one yesterday. This should be cool.

--erin