Friday, August 01, 2008

The Challenge

No, not Seinfeld's The Contest or this, but I have challenged myself to see if I can do something during August.

I've challenged myself to spend no money, zero, zilch, nada, on non-necessities and things that are not already budgeted.  I mean, the bills do have to be paid after all.

See I'm quick to buy a magazine to read one article, or to grab that book that I've been meaning to read instead of seeing if the library has it (and we have a library branch about 0.25 of a mile walk from the house), or wait that shirt is on sale it's a good deal so let's get it.  So I'm trying to exercise some self-control this month.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do it.  The first few days will be easy but not sure how week #3 or #4 will go, but I will give updates as the month progresses.

3 comments:

sage said...

You could set aside the $$ you would have spent on the impulse purchases and take Dr. T out for a really nice dinner at the end of the month...

Kris said...

ooh, good challenge and it is one that I should try for myself.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I will be interested to see if you can make it!