Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Land of Confusion...

I've entered that nebulous time of year where I'm not sure what to do with myself...summer.

Most of my professional life, ok all of it but one year, I've had the luxury of having large junks (June & July) of my summer off from work. Sometimes there were no expectations to be in the office, others my contract was only for 10 months - paid over 12 of course! Learned that lesson the hard way. It's that time of year again...

I've got some projects...organizing and cleaning around the house, but on a day-to-day basis I'm not sure how to fill the hours of the day!

So far I'm successfully sticking to my training plan and the extra time helps with that and I'm thinking of taking a class at the institution where T works, but beyond that I'm at a loss.

Anyone have any books the suggest for my summer reading list?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just finished my last day too. But my summer is only four days long.

Reading:

Baseball Between the Numbers.

By the folks at Baseball Prospectus. Good stuff, but I couldn't digest it all on the first go-around, so am re-reading bits and pieces.

Dislocated my right shoulder on Sunday while sandboarding with the college kids. Glorious.

--erin