Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Improvement

Things are looking up:

Running front - actually have been consistent over the last week and a half/two weeks. And shockingly I'm feeling better! Pace is improving. Long run this past Sunday was good. 8.6x miles. A little over 1 hour 35 mins. 6.5 weeks to go. I'll get there.

Michigan front - T and I are getting settled in. Discovering new areas of Grand Rapids. Had a social gathering last week with some people from work at this great park just north of downtown. Much to my surprise it sat right on the Grand River. Had miles of bike paths (bike paths are actually part of a much larger trail that extends over 40 miles.) Felt very much like Alton Baker Park. Just didn't have the scale model of the solar system. LOVED starting runs by the Sun.

Felt like a true adult this past weekend. T and I bought furniture. A table and chairs for the dining room. From a furniture store. Not Goodwill. Not a garage sale. Not Target. A Furniture store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up. I'm enjoying the updates.

Things here are good.