Tuesday, December 13, 2011

8 Weeks Out

Today marks the 8 week point from my surgery.

I'm sure I'll have a much more definitive answer in another 4 weeks or so when I'm back running but right now I don't regret having it done one bit.  Yes it was an inconvenience but I have zero pain (even in the places I was having some discomfort in before the surgery), I'm moving freely about the world - not running yet but that is strictly a strength issue at this point, and most importantly I don't feel it shifting on me as I'm moving.  MAJOR improvement.

I'm officially building up to that return-to-running point.  30 minutes on the elliptical today at the Y.  Kicked my ass - yes, 8 weeks of inactivity will result in some major detraining, but at least I'm to the point that I can start working on my fitness level, so that when I do start running again I won't be that far behind.

No comments: