Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Small Reprieve

Mother Nature took pity on The Mitten this week.  Temps soared on Thursday into the low 50s.  The massive mounds of snow melted and for the first time since Jan 1, 2011 we can see the ground.

We'd better enjoy it, because in less than 24 hours were supposed to get another 6-8" of the white shroud.

BUT, I took advantage of the break to get some quality runs in outside this week:

  • a workout of 3x1000m at a goal pace of 8:36 on Thursday - hit 8:16, 7:51, and 8:00 for those.
  • a long run today of 2x10 min at tempo pace - goal pace was 9:20 and I hit 8:58 and 8:48.
I know, I know - might need to rethink my paces there.  That's on the goal sheet for sometime in the next couple of weeks.  Some sort of time trial (at least 5k) to not only gauge my current fitness but to see just how much I need to adjust my paces.

No comments: