Tuesday, February 08, 2011

One Day At A Time

Great TV show I know (okay, great may be taking it a bit too far), but no my focus with this one.

One day at a time versus the big picture?

I've got the next 16 weeks or so mapped out via my training plan for the half marathon at Bayshore Memorial Day weekend.  But I think sitting back and trying to look at all 16 weeks is too daunting - especially when I start to realize just how busy my spring is going to be thanks to an unmerciful spring sports schedule.  I'm trying to figure out long runs, workouts, peak mileages, etc, etc. and in the process I'm losing sight of the fact that I need to run "x" miles today.

So I'm trying to change my focus a bit.  I'm only looking "big picture"-wise at this week with my focus being on what I have to accomplish today.  How many miles are on the schedule today?  Is it an easy run or a quality run?  When am I going to run?

I'll worry about tomorrow (when it will then be today) and I'm going to focus on today.

No comments: