Sunday, July 27, 2008

*%!&#*

Today's schedule 18 mile long run has been cancelled due to a mishap while working in the front yard.

T and I were cleaning out the flower beds in front of the house and planting some new things.  I had completed digging out the flower bed for the new plants, went to step out of the 5-6" hole I had dug across the flower bed and some how managed to not notice the largish vertical support for the front of the flower bed.

Landed in a heap in the front yard screaming profanities.  Neighbor from across the street came to check on me.

My left ankle/shin is bruised and sore from about midshin down to my ankle.

Luckily it doesn't really hurt to walk today, but no running until Tuesday at the earliest I've been told by my in-house health care provider.

4 comments:

Kris said...

ouch.

good thing you still have a few days of summer vacation left and can pick up an 18 miler on a weekday, right?

still... ouch.

sage said...

ohhh, Kev!

as i spent much of the last week entering old running data into runningahead, nearly all of my breaks in running were due to Other Injuries - Not Necessarily Running Related.

crossing my fingers, hoping that Tuesday is a great day for running!

librarianchick said...

dude...running or gardening, you can't do both!

:D

seriously, hope that heals up ok and you're able to get out there tomw.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

It's Tuesday. How's the ankle? Hope you are able to get back to it soon.