Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Success?

Inertia -

1. inertness, esp. with regard to effort, motion, action, and the like; inactivity; sluggishness


March is finally gone. Normally I'm a big fan of March - March Madness, my parents birthdays, and let's not forget St. Patrick's Day - but this year with the house and everything else March seemed like a black hole that I wouldn't be able to escape.

So, starting yesterday with the arrival of April it was a chance to wipe the slate clean and get back on track. My goal this week is to get up and run in the morning. Yesterday it even worked out that I was able to put in a few miles with T.

Then today hit.

I. Did. Not. Want. To. Get. Out. Of. Bed. I managed to get up and get the coffee going to help T get out the door (she teaches early on Mondays and Wednesdays) but after she left I fired up the computer to make sure my workout was entered in my garmin and could feel the motivation to run slowly draining away.

Lazy-self: Damn that coffee smells good, you know you could have a cup and run this afternoon
Me: no, I won't have time
Lazy-self: come on, you can feel your stomach growling! Let's eat breakfast.
Me: No. I need to run

So I forced myself out of the chair to get ready for my run. I wasn't happy starting out on my run, but I was really glad I did it.

The nice thing about inertia? Every time you over come it, it's easier to beat the next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got going. I expect that from you.

--erin

librarianchick said...

I wondered why your run yesterday was a surprise! Good for you...I can barely drag my sorry self to work right now. Ugh.