Saturday, April 12, 2008

Recommendations

I have two recommendations for you, one book and one movie.

The book: Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert

I honestly don’t know where to start with this one. It’s a great book, insightful and poignant as we get a glimpse into a year in the author’s life as she makes drastic changes in her life. I’m especially fond of the part of the book that takes place in India. I’ve recommended this book to a few friends and they have agreed with me that it is a very special book.

The movie: Once

WOW! Watched that last night…I was told it was a great movie after it was already in our netflix queue but man o’ man I had no idea is was that good! The soundtrack is pretty impressive as well!

1 comment:

librarianchick said...

I enjoyed that book, but I liked Italy best. Maybe that speaks to who I am (who each of us is)...which part we relate to most. India bored me after a while...but I loved Italy.

(Might also explain why I'm no skinny thing. ;) )