Friday, June 15, 2007

Frustration

Mentioned earlier my struggle to occupy the massive increase of free-time that I have due to the summer months/10 month work contract. Still haven't made much progress on that front, but I'm trying.

The thing I have realized is this: being back on in the eastern time zone you can only watch Sportscenter so much before you want to poke out your eyes in the morning. Back in Eugene I was lucky to be able to catch the last hour it was on because my mornings consisted of getting my run in, breakfast/coffee, and reading the paper.

I mentioned back near the start of this blog that I was unimpressed by the paper here in the greater Grand Rapids area. These lazy summer mornings would be perfect for reading the paper, if it was only worth reading!

Just makes me miss the Register Guard that much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK---

First of all, if you are really missing the register guard, that paper must really suck.

However, I feel you. I got the RG in North Bend and now I'm really having a hard time getting the hang of the Oregonian. I was very comfortably compartmentalized with the sections of the RG, save the UO sports section.

And, the oregonlive website is a pathetic way to try to gather news.

Nice running burning man.

--erin