Saturday, December 30, 2006

End of the Year?

Is it really December 30? Holy Sh!t has this year gone fast...a proper "Year in Review" will be coming tomorrow or Monday, but I did want to get this on here:

Christmas in Texas:

Couldn't have been a better trip. It was the perfect amount of time for all parties - we got to spend time with everyone and were gone before we really started to grate on nerves. Good times were had. The only thing remotely negative I have to say is that some people's preference in beer leads a bit to be desired, BUT accommodations were made, and at least they drink beer!

Gift run-down:
From T - a very nice fleece pullover from REI, Episodes I, II, and III DVDs, an organizer for my stuff so it won't scratch the new bedroom furniture
From others - one of those fancy corkscrews, a very cool Bengals "B" mouse pad, Ed Viesturs new book, a National Geographic DVD on Mt. Everest, and other things that I can't remember now

Now, there is no actual award to be had, but I typically mention to T which of my gifts was the best - "best" having nothing at all to do with $$$ - and for the last two years, T's mom (BAM) has taken that prize: 2004 it was the windblock mitten/gloves from REI, 2005 it was the sweet windblock vest from REI (which I wear almost daily, even this time of the year), but this year the award goes to T. It was a dead heat between the fleece she got me and the Star Wars DVDs.

Ok, will be back in a day or two to wrap up 2006. And, yes, I am planning on watching all Episodes I - VI in consecutive order, back-to-back.

No comments: