Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ah, the Holidays...

So here we are mere days before Christmas and not a decoration in sight! Well, there is a good reason for that: T and I are spending Christmas in Texas this year and we leave Friday. With everything that has been going on; T end of the semester/final exams, me, well nothing really different going on for me really, we certainly weren’t going to get a tree and we just decided to not really decorate. I did wrap her presents though!!!! We’re having our Christmas before we leave.

I actually have been afforded some time off from work. The women’s hoops team left last Friday for the Virgin Islands to play in a tournament – no I didn’t get to go (the players each had to raise $1300 for the trip) but it has allowed me some time off since finals were last week and the only sport still practicing is men’s hoops (and I don’t have to cover them). So, I’m on “vacation” until the 27th when we’re back at it.

So what have I been doing with all this extra time? Reading? Nope. Working on things around the house? Nope. Pretty much being a lazy-ass. Although I am still in the middle of my training for the Flying Pig, and T and I have started working out – big recommendation for Vern Gambetta’s new book Athletic Development. We’ll see how it goes.

Plan on a big update following the trip to Texas, and yes, names will be changed to protect the guilty!

Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you as well. Safe travels!