Sunday, July 30, 2006

Michigan?

First things first, I'm probably going to catch hell from at least 2-3 people for this blog, but here goes:

The title - as you all know, or are finding out, T and I have moved to Michigan. I know, I know, that's two cross-country moves in four years thanks to her. But hey, whatcha gonna do? Chose "displaced-duck" because even though I'm not a UO grad still miss the place we called home the last 4 years.

So we're settled in, somewhat, here in the Grand Rapids area. Got here on the 24th. For the travelogue check out T's blog. All of our stuff arrived on the 27th. Never in my life did I realize that we had 7500 lbs of crap! And we took 2 truck loads of stuff, a dresser, an armoire, and a nightstand to Goodwill! Do have to admit though that it was nice not to load/unload any boxes!

T starts work at GVSU in a few weeks. I start at my job on Tuesday.

Had a fun weekend. The Hacks were up vacationing on the coast of Lake Michigan so we drove over an spent the evening. Good time, not enough beer though!

Who knows what will make it's way on here, but I'm going to give it a shot.

No comments: